Requirements for new residents:
- Certified copy of the original driver’s license authenticated by the consulate of your country in Panama.
- The certified copy must also be authenticated by the Foreign Relations Ministry.
- Bring the original documents (passport and immigration identification card) and copies of the same.
- Obtain your blood type at a local lab.
- Pay the $40.00 fee.
- If over 70 need a medical exam.
Note: The date of expiration of the license is the same as the temporary identification card. When you get the final immigration identification card, the length of the license will be the same as for any resident. The driver’s license must not have expired.